Damn, how has no one commented on this game yet? This was legit. Even the menu system was purrrrrfect. Super fun to traverse the level, art was great, this is a real contender to winning this megajam.
Poto Dont Die
A downloadable game for Windows
Poto, an interdimensional space cat that collects a powerful essence in these dimensions called "Aether" has been summoned back by some old friends to do some favors.
PLEASE READ THE IN-GAME TEXT OR THE TIPS BELOW! There's 3 levels to complete, including the starting area which acts as a hub!
Poto Dont Die:
- Gravity defying platforming with very fluid physics based movement system, challenging gameplay and eye pleasing graphics
- Inspired by old school platformers like Banjo Kazooie and Conkers Bad Fur Day
Game was done for the unreal mega jam 2019, if you enjoyed please leave some comments, I'm eager to see what people think about the game.
You can find the controls on the settings in the main menu and in-game by pressing ESC or start on the gamepad, there's dialogue in the game that tells you what to you, but just collect all aether (Glowing purple things) from all levels and then return to the home level to the end the game, you can do some crazy physics movement in this game by fully exploiting the grappling hook and jetpack.
Tips if you're lost:
- Go up the platforming section and grab the hook then look for the 22 aethers (collectible blue things), they're above the starting area, look at the yellow triangle icons and land on those platforms with the grappling hook
- You can move in zero-g by simply moving forward and pointing the camera where you want to go
- You lose oxygen when in zero-g areas, you gain oxygen waiting in non zero-g areas
- You can grapple to enemies to damage them and finish them off with a combo or use it like a whip and attack from a distance by hooking and then unhooking quick
- Make sure to grab the jetpack, you'll find it on the last platform, it has a blue triangle if you go to the starting area and look upwards
- Once you collect all 22, you'll unlock the two portals in the starting area, from there you can go to the other levels and even return back to the starting area by standing on the portals and holding F or gamepad face button top (Triangle in PS4 or Y in Xbox) for the duration of the sequence (the screen will turn white entirely)
- To finish the game you need to collect all aether from both levels and return back to the starting area, there's no aether on the planets, just the platforms and both maps are on a straight line pretty much (I placed UI markers on the ending spots in the maps, just follow that path), you'll hear a sound once you collect all in a level
1. Download the game
2. Unzip and run PotoDontDie.exe
3. If it fails go to FarFrontierStudios_PotoDontDie\Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us and install the prereqs